The charter of Reiyukai lay Buddhism
Reiyukai founders, Kakutaro Kubo and Kimi Kotani, acquired thanks to their practice and their experiences the deep conviction that human beings could have access to a more accomplished life and, consequently, improve the society by concretely realizing the spirit of the Lotus Sutra in their daily lives. This conviction incited them to create Reiyukai lay Buddhism. As Reiyukai members, in order to correctly put into practice the teaching of the Founders, we will strive to:
- express, through the recitation of the Sutra, our gratitude towards our ancestors and to develop the conscience they are at the origin of the existence we enjoy today ;
- take the initiative to develop positive relationships with all those around us and accompany those who wish to follow this path of progress, with respect and consideration ;
- take part in the gatherings organized by Reiyukai ;
- pay the current monthly subscription (€6.50 in 2018) ;
- act among our links of practice, whether as elder or as companion, so as to bring light to one another and to create deeper and deeper trustworthy mutual relationships ;
- That is why in these relationships we commit ourselves to abstain from :
- any abuse of power linked to spiritual authority ;
- words and other acts likely to hurt others such as gossips, lies and slander ;
- any loan, borrowing, donation or any acceptance of money or goods ;
- introducing profit-making activities in these relationships and in the activities related to Reiyukai whose only goal is spiritual and human progress.
- In addition, if any inappropriate situation, whatever its nature, might appear among our practice relationships and activities, we commit ourselves to consulting Reiyukai spiritual leaders and authorities.